I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
The rules are as follows:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them. -Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator. -Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers. -Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. -Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1.) What’s your biggest source of motivation? The thought that someone out there somewhere will get a buzz out of reading my work.
2.) Why did you start blogging? I started blogging in preparation for launching Rogue Genesis.
3.) What is your passion and dream career? My passion is my family (although they would dispute that) and I would love to make a small living from writing.
4.) What are your hobbies? I tutor piano, so playing the piano solely for me is a hobby. Naturally reading and writing takes up a lot of my time.
5.) What’s your favorite book genre and why? I love science fiction and fantasy, but have gone through phases of legal and medical thrillers, action and adventure (Clive Cussler), and happily drown in romance.
6.) What are your fears and how do you beat them? Any risks I think I should be able to control. Life tends to prove control is a misnomer.
7.) What is your philosophy? On one hand, I believe if you are going to do something, do it well, and so I work hard. On the other, I don’t want my children getting stressed over stuff, so then I go into “try your best, and that’s good enough for me,” mode.
8.) Are you a writer and if so, how did you start? I started writing sci-fi stories for myself, and then went on a Creative Writing Course – over twenty years ago.
9.) How old were you when you first started writing? Twenty-something.
10.) What are your biggest goals for the year 2014? Publishing the second book in my Shimmer in the Dark series.
Chris Votey’s Questions:
- In a bar, what is your drink of choice? Cabernet Sauvignon
- Out of the 45 Master Character by Victoria Schmidt, which do you enjoy writing? Never heard of it!
- What do you do when you are faced with writer’s block? Something different.
- How do you generate ideas for your stories? Let my subconscious dream them up.
- Have you ever won NaNoWriMo? No.
- How do you distract yourself from writing when you need a break? Run my finger through the dust.
- What are you currently working on now? My sequel to Rogue Genesis.
- Knowing there is no award to be won, why did you answer these questions? For the same reasons Christopher gave in his blog. I am grateful they both thought of me!
- What is your favorite word? Blue.
- Do you write with your heart or your brain? Heart.
- What’s the funniest joke you can think of? My husband. (Only because I know he would say me!)
Questions for my Nominees (I’m going with 10.)
1) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
2) What do you love to do when you’re not working?
3) Describe yourself in three words?
4) What do you want to be doing in ten years time?
5) What do you look for/like to impart in a review?
6) Name the first book or author you think of from your favourite genre.
7) If you could wave a magic wand and cure Earth of one ill, what would it be?
8) What inspires you through life?
9) Describe your garden at this time of year.
10) What new skill would you love to learn?
Here are my nominees.
The Diesel-Electric Elephant Company: http://runningduck.com/